Dual Organism- win- win situation

am algae. I can surprise you any time. I am a micro plant of the plant kingdom which contains chlorophyll and is capable of taking carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and producing oxygen. But friends I can live only in water. I can not live on land. Without me, human life could not have existed. 

I can do a lot of adaptations. I can live in super salty water and very hot springs. I am a very creative species of this universe. I make a partnership with fungus which has no chlorophyll and can not make its own food. So friends, fungus gives me support And I make food for the fungus. We both form a dual organism which is called lichen. Lichens, one can find them on rocks and trees. 

The moral of the story is lichens are living examples of organisms helping each other. The positive point of algae and fungi are used by each other and both organisms combine to make lichens. Both are in a win-win situation. It is high time humans should learn from the plant kingdom and especially from Lichens and make win-win situations when possible.


Sukarma Thareja

Alumnus IITK

India

No comments:

featured post

Money vs relationship

  Person A is rich. He has a mansion but nobody to come back to from work. He has the most luxurious cars but nobody to take a romantic trip...

cofigure popular posts