Students to be like Sun---Not Moon

 I was teaching in college. I was very particular about lab report submission for students. This whole exercise I used to do for students to discipline them. 

I found most of my students believed in copying experiment observation reading from other student. The confidence that one can do oneself was some how missing. I am happy I was able to mend students habit of copying up to 60 percent. But alas still some students were not ready to come out of their shell of depending upon others for their work. 

Once I was talking to students I told them that many of you don’t  like my habit of being so particular about submission of lab reports. 

But friends moral of story is you see Sun every day shining with his own light, but moon has to take light from sun to shine. In other words moon is dependent on sun. That’s why moon always never shine with same intensity. It is better one try to become Sun in life rather than moon. So student your teacher is happy to see her students as Sun in life rather than moon. 

Sukarma Thareja

Alumnus IITK

India

Pl follow me at simily.co if possible


No comments:

featured post

Money vs relationship

  Person A is rich. He has a mansion but nobody to come back to from work. He has the most luxurious cars but nobody to take a romantic trip...

cofigure popular posts