Successful person Dilemma

 


We live in joint family. My youngest uncle is successful entrepreneur. I have seen him in his struggle time. We used to study for our exam at night time. My uncle would come late at night and sometimes used to work. He is our source of inspiration. He will tell us stories of his humiliation and repeated failure. We still respect our uncle. When ever we are in problem we take advise from him. As I am growing old I am finding most people are looking for shortcuts of success so that they can be successful without paying price for it. This I am seeing that my uncle is successful person, many people including my extended family members , friends and relatives want to exploit his success for their personal gain. Some of our family friends want them to use my uncles influence to get their work done or o get them jobs in some company, recommend their cases to higher ups or give them benefits using his influence. These things happen with most successful people. Interestingly, most of them actually did not appreciate my uncle when he was struggling in their lives. Now when my uncle has become successful, everyone wants to get benefited. My respected uncle knows, most of these demands people who need help from him are not only illegal, but also unethical. It is also impossible to fulfill the aspirations of all such people since once he helps one person, there are many who would seek the same favour for themselves also almost as a matter of right. Hence, most successful people like my uncle start avoiding such people or refuse to fulfill their demands.But if my uncle come to know it is a case
which is to be helped he does it as soon as possible. However, most people who wish to seek unjustified help instead of finding fault in their own change behaviour, blame the person who is successful for being arrogant due to success. It is also true that for in case of some people, success goes in their head and they start treating others as dirt when they achieve success. However, if one has stood up with the successful person in his difficult times, and one doesn’t try to use successful person for personal gains, most of successful persons would continue to behave normally with one even after achieving success. Sukarma Thareja Alumnus IITK
https://sites.google.com/drsukarmaranithareja/
Please follow me on simily.co
India

No comments:

featured post

Money vs relationship

  Person A is rich. He has a mansion but nobody to come back to from work. He has the most luxurious cars but nobody to take a romantic trip...

cofigure popular posts