Mother's Guilt

I am working #mother,


I am blessed with two,


Cute small #kids,


When I am at work,


My heart gets stuck in kids,


I always think I should have done this/that,


For my elder/younger kids,


When I am at work I always think,


I should have taught that,


Particular subject #’ concept’


To my students this particular way is unique,


I sometimes do self-talk,


Dear me! Please accept this tough mother’s way of life,


Please be #kind to yourself,


Stop beating yourself up,


Accept that you are a working mother,


And keep walking on waves of #nonlinear life,


With determination and


Confidence.


Oh! working mother,


The guilt you are feeling is normal,


And nothing #new,


It will remain with you forever,


Children at home and persons at work front,


Do not even know the word #” mother’s guilt”


Please substitute the same with work/life balance,


And enjoy some sweet moments for #yourself also,


I wish children at home and persons at work front,


Could realize mother’s guilt,


So that I could partially get relieved,


From heavy emotional #baggage of ” mother’s guilt.”


Work-life balance is a big tool,


In the hands of a working mother,


Which saves mothers from working,


from mother's guilt.


https://sites.google.com/site/drsukarmaranithareja/home


Sukarma Thareja


Alumnus IITK


India


No comments:

featured post

What I do Different from others

  I am teaching science in government  school. I always request my students and say"Please write down five things you are grateful for ...

cofigure popular posts