I was about to fall asleep,
An alien came and said,
Madam have you ever,
Encounter nanoseconds grace,
I said nanosecond is a billionth of time.
That is equivalent to 1/10^9 second,
A whisper, a flash from the camera,
digital heartbeat are example,
of nanosecond grace.
There are silver nanowires (AgNWs) madam
Said dear alien,
I said Nanowires are cylindrical nanostructures,
With diameters ranging from 10 to 100 nanometers
And lengths that can be hundreds to thousands,
of times longer (1-10 micrometer).
I further said: Silver nanowires
Are a class of silver nanoparticles,
Which have been widely studied,
For its use in the benefit of human beings.
Alien said: they have exciting optical and thermal properties.
Therefore are capable of unfurling,
Many applications of advanced technology,
New scientific findings reflect,
AgNWs are capable of attacking,
Bacteria and viruses,
Therefore used in making medical masks,
and Sertile surface for medical use,
and in restaurants.
I said,
Dear Alien AgNWs are used in touch screens,
In making of solar cell electrodes,
Supercapacitor in energy storage devices.
Alien said: AgNWs may look small
But They unfold a tale big,
to be told,
To our children inquisitive about science.
I said: AgNWs though look tiny,
They may look blink in the frame of time,
AgNWs can be used as layers conductive,
In LEDs and other light-emitting devices tiny.
Alien said: They are like the river of the future
science,
With the potential to grow to infinity,
In many fields of science,8
Which secures our bright future.
I said: nanowires(AgNWs) though name nano,
But are eternal in ways,
Of its scientific expression,
For the welfare of mankind.
I further said: my granny always recommended us,
To drink water from a glass made from metal silver,
As it can get a minimum infection from viruses and bacteria.
Today I wonder how knowledgeable,
My granny was,
Though she had not even nano,
Knowledge of AgNWs.
https://www.amazon.com/Making-Science-Easy-Poetry-Collection-ebook/dp/B09777MG33
Sukarma Thareja
I write to make Science easy through Poetry & Photos ๐ธ๐
๐ Website: https://sites.google.com/site/drsukarmaranithareja/home
๐ Blog: https://sukarmathareja.blogspot.com/?ncr=1
๐ My Books:
๐ฎ๐ณ Hindi: Kishor Chetna
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077H5MBSW
๐บ๐ธ English 1: Making Science Easy - Photo Poetry
https://share.google/Iq6osO6YeHCYvfXYj
๐บ๐ธ English 2: Science of Life and Nature - Photo Poetry
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521260060
๐ก Note: If blog doesn't open, use VPN or add ?ncr=1
๐ Thank you for reading!
Sukarma Thareja
Alumnus IITK
India
No comments:
Post a Comment