People Pleasing

I am a science teacher in a government school. I am in charge of the co-curricular activities of my school.


Another day Rakesh student in class 11th of my school asked"Madam is people-pleasing a weakness or strength of a character? Madam, I do understand that people pleasing persons in all circumstances try to please x person, they try to #control what someone else thinks of him/her".


I said "Rakesh generally people pleasing activities are not thought to be a good thing.  The logic behind this thought is people pleasers tend to neglect their own needs to please others. They eventually become a #doormat that others walk on. "


I further said"People-pleasing activities may initially bring positive praise and acceptance, but over time it can have negative effects on individuals and their #relationships. Persons who rely on the “people pleaser” will also become #dependent on them. In the process, dependent persons also lose their identity. Their relationship no longer remains happy and strong."


 Rakesh said"Madam It stems from a desire to be liked, avoid #conflict, and gain approval, but can lead to negative sometimes. But it is a strength when it comes from a genuine place and cause of wanting to #help others."


I said " May be true. But according to me saying "no" is key to getting out of the cycle of unhealthy people pleasing."




It stems from a desire to be liked, avoid conflict, and gain approval, but can lead to negative consequences like burnout, #resentment, and a loss of self-identity. 




Moral- people-pleasing activities have no limits and boundaries. Therefore people pleaser persons become #confused and lose their identity in due 


People-pleasing is a shortcut to getting things done in life in a short time.  Pleasing activities have negative consequences like burnout, resentment, and a loss of self-identity and individuality.



Sukarma Thareja
I write to make Science easy through Poetry & Photos ๐Ÿ“ธ๐Ÿ“–

๐ŸŒ Website: https://sites.google.com/site/drsukarmaranithareja/hom
๐Ÿ“ Blog: https://sukarmathareja.blogspot.com/?ncr=1

๐Ÿ“š My Books:
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ Hindi: Kishor Chetna
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077H5MBSW

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ English 1: Making Science Easy - Photo Poetry
https://share.google/Iq6osO6YeHCYvfXYj

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ English 2: Science of Life and Nature - Photo Poetry 
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521260060

๐Ÿ’ก Note: If blog doesn't open, use VPN or add ?ncr=1
๐Ÿ™ Thank you for reading!





































No comments:

featured post

With one Arrow kill Three Birds

Help Write an Email Contact Us Chat With Us How It Works Getting Started Policy Account Earning Creation Stats Forgot Password Logout Toggle...

cofigure popular posts