I am not Your Property

 I am a science teacher in a government school. My next-door neighbors are fond of #dog and they have a pet dog Romi. They treat him very well. They keep him in #kennel outside their house. When I come home from school dog greets me, I feel very happy to see him greeting me.


The other day I was about to sleep after preparing my lecture to be taught in class. Suddenly I saw a dog near me. I greeted him. He said “Madam I am a dog. You know madam I am not capable of taking care of myself without human’s help. Some of my friend's owners sometimes tie my friends up and forget to feed my friends #properly, I do realize those owners must be having some problems at their hands as to why they behave in such a way. But madam sometimes it becomes too much for my friends. I feel #sorry for them.”


Dog further said “Some of my friends (dogs) are abandoned by persons on a forgotten #road. In that condition my friends feel afraid and #lonely. My friends look for the owner and wonder why they left them behind. I feel sorry for my friends. Madam we dogs are not #property that one can throw away and #forget.”


Dog further said, “Madam sometimes if the owner chooses to leave us dogs in a kennel, we get fearful and expect that every sound of footsteps we hear from that moment on will be our owner, coming to find us.”


I said ” Dear dog for me you are not just a dog – you are a living, breathing #creature. If person x chooses to take the dog home, I expect that he will give him (dog) the things a dog needs to be happy and healthy.”


Dog further said ” Madam we dogs expect good food, clean water, a warm bed, and lots of love. Don’t abandon us. Don’t kick us. Don’t leave us when life gets busy. “


I said,” Dear doggy whenever my student brings a pet dog home, I always ask him/her please, commit with me while your pet is alive and never abandon him(dog), otherwise dear student don’t bring pet dog at home .”


I soon realized all this episode was a sweet dream. I shared the same with my neighbors, husband and family.


Sukarma Thareja 


Sukarma Thareja
I write to make Science easy through Poetry & Photos

📚 Books:
Hindi: Kishor Chetna
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077H5MBSW

English 1: Making Science Easy
https://share.google/Iq6osO6YeHCYvfXYj

English 2: Science of Life and Nature
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521260060

✍️ Blog: https://sukarmathareja.blogspot.com/?ncr=1











No comments:

featured post

Boundries in Format of Gratitude

My friend Ritu teaches history in my school. It takes her 2hrs to travel from home to school.  Therefore Ritu has to start from home earl...

cofigure popular posts