Rat Race

 I was about to sleep after preparing for my class lecture for tomorrow.


One angel-like gentleman came and said,” Madam I wish to share my #mistake with you,   I did  in my life.”


I said “Sir after retirement you have moved to the big house. You have a big #car and a big TV and fridge. What all you need sir? “


The gentleman said ” Here I made a big mistake. I spent my hard-earned money on things mentioned by you to satisfy my #ego. I thought that happiness lies in the projection of my materialistic goods. I never realized that this lifestyle is killing my peace of mind and my pious soul."


He further said “Now to compensate for that huge money I spent on buying a big fridge and car, I have to do extra work in the form of private #tutions which sometimes my old age does not permit to do so. I feel suffocated. There is an increase in stress in my life. I feel burnt out and there is a lack of work balance in my life."


I said, “You should have built a small house sir, and with saved money, you could have enjoyed your #freedom by doing creative writing like I am  doing.”


A gentleman said ” Respected madam my sincere advice to you is please keep doing #creative writing and never get in the rat race of private tuitions and buying the biggest TV and Car. Enjoy your freedom with saved money. Feel happy and #peaceful.”


I found it was a sweet dream for me. I shared the same with my teacher #colleagues, children and my husband. Everyone agreed that Gentlemen in Dream spoke everything right about people trapped in a lifestyle in the rat race.


I shared the same precious knowledge with my students also. I said" Friends never try to get into a rat race lifestyle. It is nothing but a repeating cycle of pursuit for earning money. It gives you no time for relaxation and enjoyment. Sometimes rat race fixes you in an unending cycle of earning money in such a way that you forget to take care of your children.  As a result, children suffer like anything. Money earned in a rat race lifestyle never goes in the right direction."


Moral – Never make financial #mistakes in life by spending more money than earned money.


Sukarma Thareja


Making Science Easy through Poetry & Photos ✨

Science is not boring formulas.
Science is stories, pictures, and poetry that touch the heart.

๐ŸŒ Website: https://sites.google.com/site/drsukarmaranithareja/home

๐Ÿ‘‰ Visit My Blog:
https://sukarmathareja.blogspot.com/?ncr=1

๐Ÿ‘‰ Hindi Ebook "Kishor Chetna":
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077H5MBSW

๐Ÿ‘‰ English Book: Making Science Easy - Photo-Poetry Collection
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521260060
https://share.google/Iq6osO6YeHCYvfXYj




No comments:

featured post

Boundries in Format of Gratitude

My friend Ritu teaches history in my school. It takes her 2hrs to travel from home to school.  Therefore Ritu has to start from home earl...

cofigure popular posts