Rat Race

 I was about to sleep after preparing for my class lecture for tomorrow.


One angel-like gentleman came and said,” Madam I wish to share my #mistake with you,   I did  in my life.”


I said “Sir after retirement you have moved to the big house. You have a big #car and a big TV and fridge. What all you need sir? “


The gentleman said ” Here I made a big mistake. I spent my hard-earned money on things mentioned by you to satisfy my #ego. I thought that happiness lies in the projection of my materialistic goods. I never realized that this lifestyle is killing my peace of mind and my pious soul."


He further said “Now to compensate for that huge money I spent on buying a big fridge and car, I have to do extra work in the form of private #tutions which sometimes my old age does not permit to do so. I feel suffocated. There is an increase in stress in my life. I feel burnt out and there is a lack of work balance in my life."


I said, “You should have built a small house sir, and with saved money, you could have enjoyed your #freedom by doing creative writing like I am  doing.”


A gentleman said ” Respected madam my sincere advice to you is please keep doing #creative writing and never get in the rat race of private tuitions and buying the biggest TV and Car. Enjoy your freedom with saved money. Feel happy and #peaceful.”


I found it was a sweet dream for me. I shared the same with my teacher #colleagues, children and my husband. Everyone agreed that Gentlemen in Dream spoke everything right about people trapped in a lifestyle in the rat race.


I shared the same precious knowledge with my students also. I said" Friends never try to get into a rat race lifestyle. It is nothing but a repeating cycle of pursuit for earning money. It gives you no time for relaxation and enjoyment. Sometimes rat race fixes you in an unending cycle of earning money in such a way that you forget to take care of your children.  As a result, children suffer like anything. Money earned in a rat race lifestyle never goes in the right direction."


Moral – Never make financial #mistakes in life by spending more money than earned money.


Sukarma Thareja


Making Science Easy through Poetry & Photos ✨

Science is not boring formulas.
Science is stories, pictures, and poetry that touch the heart.

๐ŸŒ Website: https://sites.google.com/site/drsukarmaranithareja/home

๐Ÿ‘‰ Visit My Blog:
https://sukarmathareja.blogspot.com/?ncr=1

๐Ÿ‘‰ Hindi Ebook "Kishor Chetna":
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077H5MBSW

๐Ÿ‘‰ English Book: Making Science Easy - Photo-Poetry Collection
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521260060
https://share.google/Iq6osO6YeHCYvfXYj




No comments:

featured post

I am not Your Property

 I am a science teacher in a government school. My next-door neighbors are fond of #dog and they have a pet dog Romi. They treat him very we...

cofigure popular posts