Mirror image

I was reading a book at night. It was my mother's birthday. My heart was full of #emotions which I was not even able to express to #myself. My #heart was very heavy. While #reading a book, I fell asleep. 


Suddenly, I saw two soft, beautiful hands on my #head. I at once realized it was my #mother's hard-working hands. I said, "Mom, how come you remembered me today. Mom, today is your #birthday. Not even a single day passes I don't remember you, dear mom. In #mirror, I look like you. My friends tell you are the mirror image of your mother. Your habit of eating meals last of all has become my habit now. My friends #comment that the way you laugh and carry yourself is exactly like your mom. 


I myself have found mom, as you used to teach me every little thing, good manners, etc, the same I do with my kids. My kids tell me, Mom, you are always mending us like #grandmother. Your special rule is that all vegetables on the food plate must be finished before dessert is served to the kids. I am following."


I used to misbehave with you many times, but after 20 years, I do realise, Mom, how #stupid I was that time. I wish to apologize to you for the same, dear mom. I wish I could have known your worth at a young age. You were my mentor. You were everything for me. Till today, my soul searches for you, dear mom. But I don't know where you have gone. I daily pray to God, please God keep my mom safe. 


Soon I heard the alarm of my clock; it was time to get up. I kept calling mom! Mom! Please don't go, I miss you so much---I soon realized it was a dream. I only wish it's ok even if my mom visits me in my dreams. But it was not to be so. 


Moral-Mothers are blessings. Fortunate are those who have a mom. A world without mom is a vacuum. 

Sukarma Thareja

Author: Science of Life and Nature: A Photo Poetry Collection 

๐Ÿ“š Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521260060

๐ŸŒ Website: https://sites.google.com/site/drsukarmaranithareja/home 

✉️ e-Mail: sukarma@iitk.ac.in





No comments:

featured post

Greetings to Every Teacher, Mother and Single Mom

  Help Write an Email Contact Us Chat With Us How It Works Getting Started Policy Account Earning Creation Stats Forgot Password Logout Togg...

cofigure popular posts