I am a science teacher in a government school. One student in my class was very much disturbed. He came to me at lunchtime and said, " I am disturbed, madam, as I am an average boy of my class."
I said to my student, "Suppose there are a hundred students in class. Being average means that you are better than 50 students. Suppose you become better than average and #score better marks than 90% of the students in your class. Still, you will find that there are 10 students better than you, and you would again feel #ashamed for being worse than those 10 students of your class."
I further said," There is no end to this #comparison, dear student. I know my friend who is an #IRS, she is not happy because she had a dream of becoming #IAS. I tell my friend, please remember you are better than those candidates who worked hard for #clearing the IRS but could not do so. I always request that it is good to #aspire to go high in goals, but it is not going to pay you anything in life if you are not happy with your #present life."
My student said," Madam, you are right. My father says the same thing, but with a different angle. He always tells me to keep working hard with #consistency, you will surely go up. No task is big or small, but be honest with your work. This attitude will give you satisfaction. It is a unique wealth which many people neither have nor #appreciate the same
I could see a smile on my student's face. I noticed he started remaining happy in his study @circle group. There was much improvement in his #academic performance. "
I, as a teacher, was so so happy for my student, that I could help my student a bit with his life #problems.
Moral - Please find a sense of accomplishment in your right doings, which will give you energy and motivation to work harder and achieve better in the future.Do you also think you are an average person?
Sukarma Thareja
I write to make Science easy through Poetry & Photos ๐ธ๐
๐ Website: https://sites.google.com/site/drsukarmaranithareja/home
๐ Blog: https://sukarmathareja.blogspot.com/?ncr=1
๐ My Books:
๐ฎ๐ณ Hindi: Kishor Chetna
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077H5MBSW
๐บ๐ธ English 1: Making Science Easy - Photo Poetry
https://share.google/Iq6osO6YeHCYvfXYj
๐บ๐ธ English 2: Science of Life and Nature - Photo Poetry
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521260060
๐ก Note: If blog doesn't open, use VPN or add ?ncr=1
๐ Thank you for reading!6
No comments:
Post a Comment