Science Behind Names of kids

I am a Grade One teacher, and I say " parents who give their kids an odd name or one that is difficult to spell put their kids at a disadvantage when it comes to learning how to write. "
 I remember I had a smart student, Arunabh, in my class. His name was difficult to spell, and it took him longer to learn how to spell it. Arunabh's parents were of the view that the name should have a good meaning, so whenever you call a child by his name, it should give a good impression on the child's personality. 
 While there were students in my class who had more common names with easier spelling achieved the task of writing their name quickly and had a sense of achievement for the same. Those kids who worked hard to learn how to write their name often exhibited a lower sense of self-esteem as they watched other students able to spell simple names like Rani and Raja quickly. 
 Sometimes, when I hear an oddly spelled name, I wonder if their parents have a clue what difficulties they're putting on their child. I say, "The idea of names is acting like a 'first handshake' for the ears, and it gives such a powerful image. 
I love the connection to sound symbolism and how our brains associate names with traits." I further say, " 
When you shout out x name, that name carry culture, history, and emotion and deserves to be treated with that weight. 
A name like Rani, which means queen. The name Raja means king. Similarly name Medha means intelligence. All three names mentioned above carry culture and history, and emotions." 

 I strongly believe that it is such fun to pronounce the names of students and know their associated meaning. Many parents don’t realize there is science behind what makes names sound pleasing. Some of these names do have a nice ring to the ears. Like the female name Rimjhim rings so well in ears— gets me thinking about what makes a name memorable. 
 Some teachers believe that taking students' attendance with roll number saves much of their time. But I beg to differ from their opinion. Taking attendance of students by calling students' names has a positive impact on students' personalities.
 I request my esteemed readers, "When you assign a name to a child, kindly take care of the following aspect in mind." 
1. A child's name should ring pleasant in the ears 
 2. The child's name should not be difficult to pronounce and write. 
 3. If possible child's name should have good cultural and historical references. 
 The best example of the three aspects mentioned above is the name Ram. So simple to speak and write. It has a cultural historical reference. It sounds sweet to the ears. Short names with good meaning and a pleasant, sweet sound have a positive impact on a child's personality.
 Sukarma Thareja 
I write to make Science easy through Poetry & Photos ๐Ÿ“ธ๐Ÿ“– ๐ŸŒ Website: https://sites.google.com/site/drsukarmaranithareja/home ๐Ÿ“ Blog: https://sukarmathareja.blogspot.com/?ncr=1 ๐Ÿ“š My Books: ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ Hindi: Kishor Chetna https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077H5MBSW ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ English 1: Making Science Easy - Photo Poetry https://share.google/Iq6osO6YeHCYvfXYj ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ English 2: Science of Life and Nature - Photo Poetry https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521260060 ๐Ÿ’ก Note: If blog doesn't open, use VPN or add ?ncr=1 ๐Ÿ™ Thank you for reading!6 I

No comments:

featured post

Mangoes soaked in water

Small soaking Jesture   I am summer fruit ,   I am delicious king of fruits ,  Along with lovely taste,   I contain many nutrients wonder...

cofigure popular posts