Other day I was talking to my old student Rajesh after attending academic meeting at my school.
Rajesh said" Madam Setting limits on how much time you spend with someone, while still maintaining a positive and respectful connection is fundamental equation of life work balance."
I had a student Bhajan. She was my next door neighbour. Bhajan had younger brother Raju.Unfortunately Bhajan did not have father. Bhajan got #married in good family.
Bhajan's mother gave her due share in form of #gifts and money in bank balance, what she really deserved.
Sometimes Bhajan's mother used to cross her #boundaries of her giving capacity, also to #please Bhajan's in laws.
Bhajan's mother used to say" madam, some how Bhajan's #expectations are increasing. She is not realising , I have to keep enough money to myself so that I could take care of Raju's #education etc."
She further said "Bhajan is taking undue advantage of my #kindness. I can't cross my boundries in name of my kindness. Madam I am sharing my feelings with you.I hope you keep it to yourself."
I at once remembered my friend Ramesh who said "one has to set limit to how much money and time one can spend with person x with whom one wishes to maintain good relationship."
I realized bhajan's mother is in fix about setting limit to spending money and time at Bhajan in law's place.
Though Bhajan's mother was considerate for Bhajan's #feeling, but some how Bhajan was not able to #appreciate the same. On the other hand Bhajan was thinking that her mother was lacking #concern for her needs.
Bhajan was not able to understand that Striking a balance between kindness and #indifference is crucial in life.Her mother is trying to do same. Being nice or kind to daughter does not mean #sacrificing one's own needs or opinions.
Once I met Bhajan at family function I tried to explain same so that she could change her thinking about her mother.
- I said " dear Bhajan I understand may be sometimes your mother is declining your request that would significantly impact her workload. You understand your mother has to look after your younger brother also, therefore she some times sets her boindaries towards her finance and time. Please understand her problems and her current commitments."
- I was happy my student Bhajan understood her mother's boundaries and maintained amicable relationship with her mother.
Moral:Setting boundaries to x problem in life can reduce stress and anxiety, improving overall mental health.
To save time sometimes one has to say no to social invitations. This saved time can help one recharge and prioritize one's own well-being
https://www.amazon.com/Making-Science-Easy-Poetry-Collection-ebook/dp/B09777MG33
Sukarma Thareja
Sukarma Thareja
I write to make Science easy through Poetry & Photos ๐ธ๐
๐ Website: https://sites.google.com/site/drsukarmaranithareja/home
๐ Blog: https://sukarmathareja.blogspot.com/?ncr=1
๐ My Books:
๐ฎ๐ณ Hindi: Kishor Chetna
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077H5MBSW
๐บ๐ธ English 1: Making Science Easy - Photo Poetry
https://share.google/Iq6osO6YeHCYvfXYj
๐บ๐ธ English 2: Science of Life and Nature - Photo Poetry
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521260060
๐ก Note: If blog doesn't open, use VPN or add ?ncr=1
๐ Thank you for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment