I am a science teacher in a government school. I am in charge of -curricular activities of the school.
The other day, I met my old student Kantesh at the school educational #conference. He said Madam, Many old students of our school remember you as the # hummingbird (humming sound comes from its wings as it flies) of our school. We often observed that when you are facing some uncertain situations in school, to avoid #anxiety, students always observed that Madam takes the help of humming to make herself #ease with difficult situations."
I said "thanks to students for observing me so keenly. Kantesh, "HUMMING is a stress buster. It is advisable to do humming when things are not good in life. When you hum, it may look like you are slowing down in your activity, but you are creating a space between your #thoughts and your #nervous system."
Kantesh said, "Madam, humming decreases the load on the nervous system. While you are humming, new thoughts can not be #created. That is the reason the humming technique is very good to decrease anxiety."
I said, "Kantesh, there is solid science behind humming activity. It helps in activation of the #parasympathetic nervous system, which helps you to #relax and recover. Humming also increases the amount of #nitric oxide in your nasal passage, which helps in widening of blood vessels and decreases stress on the #heart."
Kantesh said, "Madam, our yoga teacher told us #bhramari pranayam also involves humming as a stress buster. Chanting "OM " is initiating humming #vibrations with long trailing mmmm."
I further said," Humming releases hormone #MELATONIN, which directs our body to sleep. Therefore, dear Kantesh, whenever I am heading into a difficult conversation or an intense meeting, I quietly hum my way through the #elevator ride and down the hall in school."
Moral-as soon as you get anxious about anything in life. The best is to start humming.
https://sites.google.com/site/drsukarmaranithareja/home
Sukarma Thareja
I write to make Science easy through Poetry & Photos ๐ธ๐
๐ Website: https://sites.google.com/site/drsukarmaranithareja/home
๐ Blog: https://sukarmathareja.blogspot.com/?ncr=1
๐ My Books:
๐ฎ๐ณ Hindi: Kishor Chetna
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077H5MBSW
๐บ๐ธ English 1: Making Science Easy - Photo Poetry
https://share.google/Iq6osO6YeHCYvfXYj
๐บ๐ธ English 2: Science of Life and Nature - Photo Poetry
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521260060
๐ก Note: If blog doesn't open, use VPN or add ?ncr=1
๐ Thank you for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment