Being selfish

 

I am teaching science in a government school. I am also in charge of the co-curricular activities of my school.


The other day, Rajesh said, "Madam, what does being selfish mean to us?"


I said, " Selfish people prioritize their own needs and well-being."


Raj said, "Taking care of your own well-being is a healthy practice as it involves self-care."


I said, " Students, we must set boundaries. We must see to this; we do not involve excess concern for ourselves without concern for others. This type of approach will be negative one."


Radha said, "Madam, we must follow a balanced approach.  We should take care of our needs so that we get better equipped to help others, rather than simply being selfish ".


My friend Krishna said, " Dear student, knowingly/unknowingly, you evaluate others, whether she /he is being selfish."


Krishna further said, "Student, you often forget that sometimes you are also selfish."


Suresh said, "Thanks, madam, for reminding us of  our mistake."


I said, "Dear friends, please rectify your mistakes before pointing to others."


I concluded the discussion and said, " I can spot two types of students who become selfish  because of their actions."


I said, "They are


 1. Students who show no empathy for others' feelings or suffering.


2. Students who use people to get what they want. They think they are entitled to do so, and do not show gratitude to persons who help them." 


I further said, "Students, I request you please do not follow above mentioned actions and avoid being selfish."


Moral - Always work on your skills and use those skills to help people in times of need.

Best is to strike a balance between your own needs and the needs of others.



Sukarma  Thareja 


✍️ Sukarma Thareja
I write to make Science easy through Poetry & Photos ๐Ÿ“ธ๐Ÿ“–

๐ŸŒ Website: https://sites.google.com/site/drsukarmaranithareja/home
๐Ÿ“ Blog: https://sukarmathareja.blogspot.com/?ncr=1

๐Ÿ“š My Books:
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ Hindi: Kishor Chetna
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077H5MBSW

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ English 1: Making Science Easy - Photo Poetry
https://share.google/Iq6osO6YeHCYvfXYj

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ English 2: Science of Life and Nature - Photo Poetry 
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521260060

๐Ÿ’ก Note: If blog doesn't open, use VPN or add ?ncr=1
๐Ÿ™ Thank you for reading!











No comments:

featured post

Prerequisite of good karma

 I  am a science teacher in a government school. I am also in charge of the co-curricular activities of the school. The other day, my studen...

cofigure popular posts