Chasing Relationship

I am a science teacher in a government school.


The other day, I was talking to my students about mental health issues. I said  "Psychiatric" refers to the branch of medicine dealing with mental disorders, and a psychiatric clinic, also known as a mental health clinic or hospital, is a specialized facility where psychiatrists and other mental health professionals diagnose and treat these conditions."


My friend Asha is a psychiatrist. She runs her own private clinic.


I had invited Asha to my school. I had a meaningful talk with Asha. The same I am listing below for my respected readers.


Asha said, " Dear friend, in my clinic, I see people chase all sorts of things. They chase the next big business venture that they wish in their dream of. Persons dealing in drugs are always looking/chasing for new drugs that will fetch them good money. Of course, for them, it is the big win. Some young boys and girls are always chasing the next great relationship, which they think will suit their dream parameters for a relationship."


I said " Dear Asha, chasing has been associated and correlated with a need for the hormone dopamine. But research findings suggest, the more we chase the more we want!. Since there is no saturation point in the process, you are always looking for more. This process never gives you a peaceful life."


Asha said, " Dear Madam, when chasing happens in a relationship, it is rarely a sign that you are part of a balanced and mutually satisfying relationship. Rather, it tends to be a symptom of imbalance. It is a   chaser who is in stress  and failing to see her/his own worth." 


I said, " Dear Asha, I really wish I could persuade a few such people (chasers) to take control of their behaviour and channel their energy into relationships where there is no need for chasing. These are relationships that will nourish you and be reflective of your emotional investment."


Asha said, "In my clinical area of expertise, I find some customers believe in the phenomenon of chasing, which is highly destructive. A gambler enjoys the anticipation and buildup of the gamble, but most probably, most of the time, he/she ends up on a destructive path."


 I said, "  Dear Asha, I think in case of a relationship, we must build our bridges and boundaries with Empathy, Humility, and Respect. Then only more dopamine will be recreated in the body, which will make us happy."


I further said, "To get more dopamine in the body, instead of chasing a person, we must work on our skills and use our energy in seeking good relationship traits in ourselves. That exercise will build a strong relationship  bridge."


Asha said, " Dear Madam, I often tell my patients that in case of building a relationship, every moment in life there is an opportunity to learn something new. Every day is a class that teaches you how to use a new tool, because life is a school."


I said, " Building relationships is a strange program that is messy and amazing, and equally filled with facts and untruths. "


Asha said, "We must know that relationships of value must be constructed on a strong and stable foundation. We have to feel like we are heard, and our partner is capable of giving us space. We have to know that if there is a problem, we can say what we need to say, without it ruining life."

Asha further said, "This is important to know that weak friendships have no future. If the foundation of relationships is weak, how can we expect our partner to be in our corner when we need them most? How can we expect them to give us the snacks we need to eat when we are hungry? 

Moral - There is no point chasing people to build a relationship. Meaningful friendships must have a solid and strong foundation of empathy, humility, and respect. 


Sukarma Thareja 


Sukarma Thareja
I write to make Science easy through Poetry & Photos ๐Ÿ“ธ๐Ÿ“–

๐ŸŒ Website: https://sites.google.com/site/drsukarmaranithareja/home
๐Ÿ“ Blog: https://sukarmathareja.blogspot.com/?ncr=1

๐Ÿ“š My Books:
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ Hindi: Kishor Chetna
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077H5MBSW

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ English 1: Making Science Easy - Photo Poetry
https://share.google/Iq6osO6YeHCYvfXYj

๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ English 2: Science of Life and Nature - Photo Poetry 
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521260060

๐Ÿ’ก Note: If blog doesn't open, use VPN or add ?ncr=1
๐Ÿ™ Thank you for reading!













No comments:

featured post

Chasing Relationship

I am a science teacher in a government school. The other day, I was talking to my students about mental health issues. I said  "Psychia...

cofigure popular posts