I am a science teacher in a government school.
To make my class interesting to students, I try my best to explain scientific facts to school students in the world of fiction. That is amazing for the teacher and the taught. Sometimes I could do it comfortably, but it needs more attention. Friends, please understand, specific part of the regions of the brain is used for reading fiction. The same is involved in social understanding and storytelling.
One key area of the brain that benefits from reading fiction is the prefrontal cortex, located right behind your forehead. This region is crucial for higher-level thinking, like planning, decision-making, and understanding other people's perspectives. When we immerse ourselves in a novel, this part of the brain becomes more active.
https://share.google/5lcAAT3OiaD7Chn6Y
Nonfiction texts, on the other hand, rely on a brain network. Nonfiction tends to rely more on the prefrontal cortex of brain to process factual information and integrate it with existing knowledge. That's why reading fiction is easier than nonfiction texts."
I further said, "Neuroscience confirms it’s not just what we learn but how we engage with it that is important. "
My student Radhe said, "Madam, reading sharpens retention, while listening enriches emotional connection. Blending both feels like upgrading the brain’s learning software."
I said, " Dear students, reading matters a lot in the learning process. Even when listening is an option. Each activity offers something different, and they are not interchangeable."
I further said, "When you read, your brain is working hard behind the scenes. It recognizes the shapes of letters, matches them to speech sounds, connects those sounds to meaning, then links those meanings."
Radhe said, " Madam people often listen while doing other things, like exercising, cooking or browsing the internet — activities that would be hard to do while reading."
I further said, "Reading often wins for deep understanding, especially with complex or new topics. Listening works too, but reading lets you revisit, reflect, and hold onto ideas differently."
Radhe said, " Madam, when we listen, our ears receive sound stimuli, and our brain begins to interpret these sounds.Hence, listening is a process primarily involving the prefrontal cortex for complex cognitive functions. "
I said, "The Prefrontal cortex is the primary part of the brain responsible for processing sound and spoken language. Within the auditory cortex are the primary, secondary, and tertiary auditory areas, which handle different aspects of sound processing, such as pitch, music, and speech."
Radhe said, "Madam, it is very fascinating how our brains respond so differently to the two activities of reading and listening ".
I said, "Deep reading makes us more empathetic. As we let go of the emotional and mental chatter found in the real world, we enjoy deep reading that allows us to feel what the characters in a story feel. And this in turn makes us more empathetic to people in real life, becoming more aware and alert to the lives of
Moral - Reading and listening are important in the teaching and learning process. Both activities are connected to different parts of the brain. Both activities mentioned are not interchangeable.
Sukarma Thareja
I write to make Science easy through Poetry & Photos ๐ธ๐
๐ Website: https://sites.google.com/site/drsukarmaranithareja/home
๐ Blog: https://sukarmathareja.blogspot.com/?ncr=1
๐ My Books:
๐ฎ๐ณ Hindi: Kishor Chetna
https://www.amazon.in/dp/B077H5MBSW
๐บ๐ธ English 1: Making Science Easy - Photo Poetry
https://share.google/Iq6osO6YeHCYvfXYj
๐บ๐ธ English 2: Science of Life and Nature - Photo Poetry
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1521260060
๐ก Note: If blog doesn't open, use VPN or add ?ncr=1
๐ Thank you for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment